Ranjith Pathegama Gamage Wiki, Age, Net Worth 2021 and Facts: Ranjith Pathegama Gamage is an Australian academic based at Monash University, where he holds the position of Professor in Geomechanics Engineering. His research has significantly influenced the understanding of Carbon sequestration.
He has also developed new sustainable technologies for extracting resources (e.g. minerals) from deep earth and natural gas from coal seams, shale, and tight geological formations.
Ranjith Pathegama Gamage Wiki
Do you want to know Ranjith Pathegama Gamage Wiki? So here is the A to Z wiki of this person.
Matara, Sri Lanka
|Alma mater||Telijjawila Central College University of Moratuwa(BSc, 1996) University of Wollongong(Ph.D, 2000)|
|Known for||Sustainable resource extraction|
|Institutions||2001–2003: Nanyang Technological University 2003 to date: Monash University|
So, this is the short wiki of Ranjith Pathegama Gamage. Now you can get his Education and early life info from here.
Education and early life
Ranjith was born in Sri Lanka and he received his BSc in Engineering (with a UNESCO Gold Medal) from the University of Moratuwa, after which he gained a PhD from Wollongong University, Australia. His PhD was on the “Stress-strain and permeability characteristics of two-phase (water+gas) flow through fractured rocks”.
His first job after the Ph.D. was as an Assistant Professor at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He returned to Australia in 2003 to work at Monash University.
Academic and research career
Ranjith is the founder and director of the Deep Earth Energy Research Lab at Monash University. His research areas include Carbon sequestration, unconventional oil, unconventional gas (shale gas, tight gas, coal seam gas, gas hydrate), deep geothermal energy, geomechanics, rock mechanics, enhanced oil recovery (EOR) methodologies, hydraulic fracturing, sand production from unconsolidated reservoirs, and future technologies for in-situ mining.
He has also done substantial work in converting industrial waste products into useful and environmentally sustainable materials, such as cement or fertiliser. Around 2015 he began developing a new product for sustainable deep earth resource recovery: called SREMA
Brief list of academic activities:
- Supervises PhD students and postdoctoral researchers.
- Publishes peer-reviewed research outputs (including books, book chapters, and journal papers).
- Serves as the Editor-in-Chief of the journal: Geomechanics and Geophysics for GeoEnergy and GeoResource.
- Founder and Chair of the International Conference on Geomechanics for GeoEnergy and GeoResources (IC3G) which runs every two years.
Awards and honours
- 2020: Global leader in Mining and Mineral Resources (one of the 9 global field leaders).
- 2020: finalist for 2020 R&D 100 Awards.
- 2019: elected as a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering.
- 2017: Elsevier Scopus award for Sustainability.
- 2013: the Australian Leadership Award.
- 2009: an Australian Research Council Future Fellowship for his research work to combat climate change.
- Fellow of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) and Engineers Australia.
Well, that’s was all about Ranjith Pathegama Gamage Net Worth 2021, Age, Height, Affairs, Full Biography. I hope you guys will be happy to know this information from our website. If you like this article, so try to share it using the social option below. Thank you very much for being with FavCelebsWiki.Com.